The artwork is an important part of your product. That is why you must also take the utmost care here. Please read the specifications and instructions carefully.
Our specifications and templates are clear to someone experienced who knows what he or she is doing. We print everything as it is delivered to us, therefore, we are not liable for any errors that occur if you do not apply them correctly. We will not send you hard or soft print proofs before we print the files. However, nothing can go wrong if you follow our instructions and specifications. Make sure it is designed by someone who knows how to deliver a print-ready file or ask us to design your artwork.
- Please send us 300 dpi flattened .PDF files in CMYK (or Pantone) based on our templates only. We do NOT accept INDD/.PSD/.AI/.EPS or any other files.
- Save as PDF/X-1a:2001/1.3, exported without scaling or compression. Other PDF versions may cause transparency issues!
- Make sure to include the Catalog Number of your project in each file in the following way:
Your Cat. No. – Artwork Type
DEEP001 – Outer Sleeve (or Label/Inner Sleeve etc…)
- Please use the same Catalog number as you used for the Info Sheet. You can also find it on your quote or invoice.
- Artwork templates can be found here: deepgrooves.eu/templates.
Always use our templates. Do NOT use those of other suppliers. We are not liable for any errors that occur if you do not use them.
- Do NOT save the template or any visible cutting, folding and punching lines or color bars in the design you send us. Send us the finished and clean design only.
- Fill the cut-out holes of the labels and sleeves with artwork. Please do NOT spare!
- Bleed for Labels, Sleeves, Inserts is 5mm extra on all sides. Stickers 2mm, Stamps 0mm.
- Convert fonts to paths or embed them in the file. Sometimes we cannot link the fonts used in the design of your file when opening or printing it.
- Fonts must be a minimum of 4 pt for positive printing and a minimum of 6 pt for negative printing. Also pay attention to the minimum line thicknesses for very fine fonts.
- Line thicknesses may not be less than 0.15 mm in positive printing and 0.25 mm in negative printing.
- Line thickness for hot foil and embossed printing should be at least 0.35 mm.
- Fonts should be at least 5pt in positive printing and at least 7pt in negative printing. Please pay attention to our minimum thicknesses for exceptionally fine fonts.
- Black characters and lines with a CMYK background should be overprint.
- Knock (cut) out Pantone/HKS colors in the design.
- The sum of all colors may not exceed 280% of the print coverage.
- Cold Rich black = 40% Cyan and 100% Black.
- Warm Rich Black = 30% Cyan 20% Magenta 20% Yellow 100% Black.
- Warm Rich Black = 40% Cyan 50% Magenta 50% Yellow 100% Black.
- Please note that we have a dot gain of about 15% from the file to the print. Be sure contrast for dark colors is at least 15%, for labels or rough paper even 20%. So that the individual elements can still be distinguished from one another even after printing.
- Embed all Pantone color information in the design.
Uploading Your Files
- After payment of your invoice, you will receive all information about uploading your files.
- Please do NOT send us a WeTransfer link via email. Upload your files via our WeTransfer Page only. This way your transfer will be logged. To keep things organized we will ignore all other file transfers.
- We download the files in bulk via WeTransfer Pro. Therefore, we will NOT read any messages sent via the Message entry field of WeTransfer. Please send any additional important information in a sperate email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Some of the things we often see going wrong with the labels:
Some of the things we often see going wrong with the sleeves: